A walk in the garden (state)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The peanut butter dilemma

Peanut butter (PB) is sort of an American thing. Most of the rest of the world is, well... not a big fan. To me, it always looked tempting, especially as a filling for crackers (combination that I actually enjoyed once, when I was REALLY hungry). But each time I tried to eat the peanut butter I was thinking to myself "man, I'm really wasting this loaf of bread/bagel". Recently, I found out that it's actually really healthy. Unless you have high cholesterol and you're way heavier than you're supposed to be. It's got a lot of proteins and it really keeps your stomach satisfied for a long time.

My ex-roommate used to eat peanut butter and really enjoyed it. She was the exception that confirmed the rule about Europeans and peanut butter. Once she bought this peanut-butter mixed with chocolate spread (such a waste of chocolate spread!! haha) and it tasted better than the chocolate-free peanut butter. And I guess I can get used to ignore my brain yelling about the waste of chocolate and get over it. The proteins deserve it! Another good option would be peanut butter with jelly. Because pretty much the only dessert I'm actually making (as in cooking) is crepes, I think they would be delicious with PB and grape jelly or something.

These are the two options that I know of. Any other suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Irina sayd...

my deskmate used to sometimes have pb&jelly sandwiches. coz it's trendy or something. all-together with her granny's ????-berry jam(which would've been tasty anyway), pretty good. i traded cozonac for her sandwiches:D

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous sayd...

Oh man, I would NEVER trade cozonac for PB sandwiches!! Hey, how about cozonac with PB filling? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home